Coach Painting and Lining – 8th to 12th February 2021
Virtual courses with Joby Carter
Now with our NEW recordings sent to you after the course.
Join Joby for this series of five, one-hour live sessions from his paint shop where you will be taught about coach painting.
Joby will be demonstrating traditional skills and expert tips that the Carter family have acquired restoring their beautiful rides, living wagons and transport.
Mon 8th – Fri 12th February 2021, 18:00 – 19:00 (UK time)
59 in stock
Do you have an interest in coach painting?
Join Joby for a series of five virtual sessions broadcasted live plus our all NEW recordings that will be sent to you for you to refer back to.
Each of these sessions will be one hour long Joby will be demonstrating his brush skills and sharing expert tips which have been passed down through generations of signwriters.
This virtual course will cover:
- How to prepare different surfaces such as, wood, aluminium or steel
- What primers to use for each surface
- Surface preparation in between coats
- What undercoats to use and how many to use
- What topcoats to use and how many to use
- How to get a mirror finish on your work
- How to coach line, it takes a lot of hours to finesse this but Joby will certainly point you in the right direction
- Demonstrations on how to paint non flat surface such as carving work and even furniture
- How to add the finishing touches with varnishing your work
This is a unique chance to hear Joby share some of his signwriting and painting expertise.
To make the most of your course you may wish to have a writing instrument and some paper at the ready to take notes.
In his 28 years as a signwriter and fairground artist, Joby has gained extensive knowledge of painting. His work on Carters Steam Fair provides him with an unusual opportunity to use his skills in his everyday work. Having learnt the skills of signwriting from Stan Wilkinson it was Joby’s late father, John Carter, the co-founder of Carters Steam Fair that taught him to coach paint and coach line.
Virtual Session Access
Access to the virtual sessions are via Zoom, you will need to follow the link in your booking confirmation email to access the meeting.
Course sales will close when we sell out or midnight before the course begins.
When you place your order you will be emailed an e-ticket, which is your course booking confirmation.
There are a limited number of places on each course. If you visit this page and there is no option to add to basket, then all upcoming dates are sold out. We will release tickets for new course dates on this page soon. You can see our other courses here.