Terms & Conditions
Your Commitment To Us
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Carters Entertainment Ltd and yourself.
No contract exists between you and Carters Entertainment Ltd for the sale of any items until we have received and accepted your order and received payment in full. Once cleared funds are received, there is a binding contract between us.
Once purchased on-line tokens may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No token may be resold. We reserve the right to refuse entry to late arrivals.
Any discounts or offers on-line are available for limited quantities and periods only and shall not be available on bookings made by phone or in person. Please note that tokens purchased online include the Free Ride Offer; this offer does not apply when purchasing tokens at the fair.
Please bring along your booking reference number and/or email print out.
Online tokens must be purchased 24 hours or more in advance in order for us to process the order.
Online bookings are not valid on day of purchase.
Tokens are only valid on rides and side stalls, catering and other attractions accept cash only.
Please note height and age restrictions are in place on all rides.
The information contained on our website and our booking system is believed to be correct. However we are unable to accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserve the right to amend any part of it if such alterations are considered necessary. Please note, some rides are subject to availibility.
Tokens bookings made online must be purchased for specific day and venue only and are not valid on other days or at other venues than that specified on the day of purchase.
The management reserves the right to refuse service to any person or persons they believe are behaving in an inappropriate, aggressive, threatening or abusive manner.
All prices shown include VAT at 20%.
Token Sales Terms & Conditions
- Tokens cost 50p per token, but can be bought in bundles to get extra value.
- Tokens are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or used as part payment for goods or refreshments.
- Tokens can be used throughout the season at different events – they don’t expire.
- Our best value deals are only available online and must be booked by midnight the day before you visit.
- The advance deals need to be selected for the specific day you visit. If you choose to visit on a different day you will no longer get the full amount of free rides from the advance deal.
- You can buy ride tokens in person from the ride token machines at the fair or from the token booth. The token booth will have a ‘deal of the day’ but this always offers less value than the advance deals.
- Local resident offers eg Advantage Card, Bath Discovery Card cannot be used with our online offers.
- Free ride tickets are worth 4, 5 or 6 tokens depending on which ride you use them on, they cannot be used to play games or purchase food.
- Rides and sidestalls vary at each location – keep an eye on our Facebook page to stay up to date.
- To read more about how to make the most of your ride tokens, check out this blog post.
To ensure that your online shopping experience is secure, your credit / debit card details will be encrypted on a secure server to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the internet.
The description and price of tokens you order will be shown on the Carters Entertainment Ltd website at the time you place your order. Prices are in UK Sterling and inclusive of any applicable taxes with there are no surcharges whatsoever. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tokens.
Prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without notification. The management reserves the right to alter, withdraw or change the price of any advertised attraction or facility without prior notice.
We accept most major credit and debit cards in partnership with our payment gateway.
Tokens are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and have no cash value.
Limitation of Liability
Carters Entertainment Ltd total liability for in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this agreement shall be limited to the price paid for the goods.
The limitation on any exclusion from liability contained in these conditions shall be subject to the provisions of second 2(1) of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
Carters Entertainment Ltd will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet and Communication outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Tokens purchased for Carters Steam Fair are only valid for the session and day you have booked for unless operational circumstances change due to maintenance, cancellation of fair or other operational difficulties. We reserve the right to offer alternative tokens in case of cancellation of fair.
The refunding of any token due to circumstances arising from any dispute for whatever reason cannot be made at the Carters Steam Fair token booth. All refund requests must be made in writing to [email protected] within 7 days of the purchase of your tokens. We reserve the right to offer alternative days, sites or times where operational variations have changed due to maintenance or other operational difficulties.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
No refunds can be given for non-operational rides, electrical power cuts, weather related cancellations or any situation beyond our control.
Product Postage & Delivery Information
All information regarding postage, delivery and returns can be found here
Workshops and Courses Terms
Courses are booked on a first-come first-served basis. You must have filled in the booking form and paid the complete fee in order to be booked on a course.
We require a minimum of 10 people to make the course viable – if the course is under-subscribed, we will offer you a place on another course or refund your money in full at our discretion.
Workshops and Courses Refund Policy
If you cancel your booking before the course we will refund you 90% of the fee, unless:
- You cancel between 15 and 28 days before the course, in which case we refund you 50% of the fee, or
- You cancel within 14 days of the course, in which case we do not give a refund.